If you would like to enjoy pork without spending a fortune, and perhaps earn a few bucks for yourself, too, consider pig farming in your own backyard.
All the same, before venturing into that area, acquaint yourself first with 10 basic guides in pig farming.
1. Ask your local agency if livestock is allowed in your town. Inquire about required land area for pig farming and what the rules for animal farming are. Determining what your neighbors think about a nearby pig farm will also get rid of future complaints.
2. Know what your marketplace is. Your first priority should be your loved ones. When your farm grows, your neighbors might start asking you to sell meat either at home or in the local market. It’s essential to make inquiries if your neighbors prefer conventionally grown or organically-grown pork.
3. Build a pen and shelter for the pigs. The size of the pen and shelter will vary as reported by the number of pigs you will be able to buy and how many pigs are advocated within your land area. Build a robust pen with hog-tight wire, rails, and posts. An electric fence can be of help particularly when letting pigs forage outside their pen. Ensure the pen and shelter will look after the pigs in different weathers conditions.
4. Purchase already weaned piglets that are six to eight weeks old. Weaned piglets are simpler to raise. Look for pink skin, smooth hair and coat, and alertness in the pigs.
5. Feed the piglets with grain, vegetables, and supplements. Young pigs need to consume more protein for faster growth. As the pig grows, reduce the protein content in their dietary plan. Premixed feeds are available in the market and must be provided in Starter, Grower and Finisher feeds.
6. Provide ample water in the piglets’ water trough. Ensure to change the water often and that they always have fresh and clean water within their reach.
7. Deworm the piglets at 30-days interval. Piglets are dewormed the week after they’re weaned. Ask the vender of the pigs when they’re weaned and last dewormed to get the ideal date for deworming. Do not deworm a couple of days before sending the pigs to market because medicine residue might still be present in the meat.
8. Remove the manure in the pen everyday. Keeping the compost bin dry will help to reduce odor specially in warm weather. Pig farming is also ideal if you’ve a tiny farm because you can use the manure as instant compost and fertilizer to your crop.
9. Do not overfeed your pigs. Overfeeding will raise the fat to lean ratio and will hurt your budget. A market ready pig should be 200 to 250 pounds, additional weight is regarded fat.
10. Take the pigs in a local processing plant to butcher. If you are skilled or know someone that is, butcher the pigs at home. This will get rid of the irritation of transportation particularly when you don’t have a truck or a trailer.
Pig farming is easy once you know what you want and have to do. The meat from a homegrown pig farm is safer and obviously, cheaper, than commercially sold meat products. There is pride when you are aware that the meat you are eating derives from your hard work. Once your farm grows, you can start selling the meat to your neighbors and the local meat market. You do not only earn an income, likewise you ensure the safeness and health of your loved ones with your homegrown pigs.
Incoming search terms:
- Backyard Farming Pigs
- backyard pig farming
- backyard piggery design
- pig pins for 1 hog in backyard
- pig pen design philippines
- pig pen design plans
- backyard piggery
- backyard hog raising tips
- backyard piggery in the philippines
- Back Yard Farming Pigs
- backyard pig pen
- hog raising business plan
- pig farm philippines design
- backyard pigs
- Back Yard Pig Pen Designs
- Back Yard Pig Pen Plans
- sizes of piggeries in the Philippines
- sample of backyard piggery business quotation
- piggery farm
- raising backyard pigs
- HOW TO RAISE PIGLETS IN THE PHILIPPINES
- project proposal for hog fattening
- piggery profit philippines
- hog raising in the philippines pdf
- small scale hog yard design
- backyard pig pen designs
- where is the best lace to raise piggery project\
- type if pig for backyard
- backyard piggery tips
- piggery design philippines
- www fattening pigpen
- PIG PEN DIMENSION IN PHILIPPINES
- piggery farm in the philippines
- Pig pen designs in the philippines
- raising small pigs in your backyard
- Pig Housing Designs
- pig health backyard farm
- PHILIPPINES HOG RAISING
- pen plans for yards
- pen a pig o let it run fee in back yard
- piggery philippines backyard farms
- piggery philippines backyard size and lay out plan
- small pig pen design philippines
- size of backyard pig pen
- standard size of pens for swine fattening
- successful in pig fattening philippines
- raising pigs for profit in your backyard
- raising own pigs in a backyard in south africa
- successful piggery farm in the philippines
- profit in pig farming philippines
- pigrolac feeds company
- pigrolac feeding fattening
- pigpens for backyard raising
- swine house design philippines
- Swine Housing Design Philippines
- The Best Farm Yard Designs
- tips how to build backyard piggery
- pegery in backyard
- back yard pig cage in the philippines ideal size
- backyard piglets
- best size hog shelter
- comments backyard hog raising tips
- company profile for backyard piggery
- cost to raise a pig in the philippines
- cute backyard pig pens
- Designs Pens Yards for Pigs
- fattening pigs philippines success stories
- feed for backyard pigs
- backyard pigery im onesow
- backyard pig raising business plan input
- back yard pigs
- backtard swine raising
- backyard farms for piglets
- backyard hog house plans
- backyard hog raising
- backyard hog raising in the philippines
- backyard hog raising manual
- BACKYARD ORGANIC FARMING IN PIGS
- backyard pig breed
- google project proposal for hog raising in philippine setting
- hog fattening business plan
- hog fattening housing design
- how to raise sheep for meat in the backyard
- how to run piggery business in philippines
- how to start a small backyard piggery farm in South Africa
- how to start s piggery
- information on backyard pig farming
- is hog raising profitable?
- list of piggery farm Bukidnon Philippines
- livestock farming project
- more backyard pigpens design for sows
- how to raise pigs outside in the philippines
- how to raise backyard pigs for butchering
- hog fattening techniques
- hog raising business in the philippines pdf
- hog raising tips
- hog yard designs