If you would like to enjoy pork without spending a fortune, and perhaps earn a few bucks for yourself, too, consider pig farming in your own backyard.
All the same, before venturing into that area, acquaint yourself first with 10 basic guides in pig farming.
1. Ask your local agency if livestock is allowed in your town. Inquire about required land area for pig farming and what the rules for animal farming are. Determining what your neighbors think about a nearby pig farm will also get rid of future complaints.
2. Know what your marketplace is. Your first priority should be your loved ones. When your farm grows, your neighbors might start asking you to sell meat either at home or in the local market. It’s essential to make inquiries if your neighbors prefer conventionally grown or organically-grown pork.
3. Build a pen and shelter for the pigs. The size of the pen and shelter will vary as reported by the number of pigs you will be able to buy and how many pigs are advocated within your land area. Build a robust pen with hog-tight wire, rails, and posts. An electric fence can be of help particularly when letting pigs forage outside their pen. Ensure the pen and shelter will look after the pigs in different weathers conditions.
4. Purchase already weaned piglets that are six to eight weeks old. Weaned piglets are simpler to raise. Look for pink skin, smooth hair and coat, and alertness in the pigs.
5. Feed the piglets with grain, vegetables, and supplements. Young pigs need to consume more protein for faster growth. As the pig grows, reduce the protein content in their dietary plan. Premixed feeds are available in the market and must be provided in Starter, Grower and Finisher feeds.
6. Provide ample water in the piglets’ water trough. Ensure to change the water often and that they always have fresh and clean water within their reach.
7. Deworm the piglets at 30-days interval. Piglets are dewormed the week after they’re weaned. Ask the vender of the pigs when they’re weaned and last dewormed to get the ideal date for deworming. Do not deworm a couple of days before sending the pigs to market because medicine residue might still be present in the meat.
8. Remove the manure in the pen everyday. Keeping the compost bin dry will help to reduce odor specially in warm weather. Pig farming is also ideal if you’ve a tiny farm because you can use the manure as instant compost and fertilizer to your crop.
9. Do not overfeed your pigs. Overfeeding will raise the fat to lean ratio and will hurt your budget. A market ready pig should be 200 to 250 pounds, additional weight is regarded fat.
10. Take the pigs in a local processing plant to butcher. If you are skilled or know someone that is, butcher the pigs at home. This will get rid of the irritation of transportation particularly when you don’t have a truck or a trailer.
Pig farming is easy once you know what you want and have to do. The meat from a homegrown pig farm is safer and obviously, cheaper, than commercially sold meat products. There is pride when you are aware that the meat you are eating derives from your hard work. Once your farm grows, you can start selling the meat to your neighbors and the local meat market. You do not only earn an income, likewise you ensure the safeness and health of your loved ones with your homegrown pigs.
Incoming search terms:
- Backyard Farming Pigs
- backyard piggery design
- backyard pig farming
- pig pins for 1 hog in backyard
- pig pen design philippines
- pig pen design plans
- backyard hog raising tips
- backyard piggery in the philippines
- Back Yard Farming Pigs
- backyard piggery
- hog raising business plan
- backyard pig pen
- pig farm philippines design
- organic backyard piggery in philippines
- small scale hog yard design
- pins of grower pigs dising
- hog raising in the philippines pdf
- project proposal for hog fattening
- hog farming in the philippines livestock
- backyard piggery tips
- sizes of piggeries in the Philippines
- project proposal for raising 10 fattening hogs
- small pig pen plans
- Back Yard Pig Pen Designs
- HOW TO RAISE PIGLETS IN THE PHILIPPINES
- type if pig for backyard
- successful stories for pig raising
- Back Yard Pig Pen Plans
- PIG PEN DESIGN AT PHILIPPINES
- Pig Housing Designs
- pig fattening backyard house in the philippines
- PHILIPPINES HOG RAISING
- organic backyard backyard piggery in philippines
- hog farm budget
- list of piggery farm Bukidnon Philippines
- is hog raising profitable?
- pen a pig o let it run fee in back yard
- pen plans for yards
- philippine pig pen design
- philippine pigpen bussiness
- local design hogfeeding
- pig pen design for growing
- Pig pen designs in the philippines
- whats the best backyard business in the philippines
- training on backyard hog raising
- swine raising manual in the phils
- Standard Pig Pen Design
- small backyard piggery project
- raising pigs for profit in your backyard
- backyard organic hog raising
- profit in pig farming philippines
- pigrolac feeding fattening
- pigpens for backyard raising
- piggery succesfull filipino farmer
- piggery farm in the philippines
- piggery farm
- piggery design philippines
- piggery business raising native pigs philippines
- www fattening pigpen
- information on backyard pig farming
- back yard piggery manual
- backyard piglets
- backyard pigs
- BASIC TIPS BACKYARD PIGGERY
- best backyard pig
- best feeding food for faster growth of pig in the philippines backyard
- best pig breed for backyard farming
- best type of pig to raise in your backyard
- cost to raise a pig in the philippines
- backyard piggery philippines
- backyard pig pen designs
- backyard pig breed
- backyard farming for profit
- backyard hog fattening
- backyard hog house plans
- backyard hog raising
- backyard hog raising in the philippines
- backyard hog raising manual
- backyard natural pig farming in the philippines
- backyard organic pig raising
- cute backyard pig pens
- design hog raising
- Designs Pens Yards for Pigs
- how to have a backyard pigpen
- how to raise a pig in the backyard
- how to raise a piggery farm in the philippines
- how to raise backyard pigs
- how to run piggery business in philippines
- How To Start A Backyard Piggery
- How to Start a Piggery
- ideal design for piggery
- how to build pigpen swine in the philippines
- how to become profitable in piggery business in the philippines
- hog yard designs
- dimension of a single pig fattenning in the philippines
- fattening pig philippines successful stories
- fattening pigs philippines success stories
- feed for backyard pigs
- hog fattening business plan